Stay in touch

留学を終え日本に帰ってきた羊男が日々を綴りながら世界中のみんなとつながっていられるためのブログ。
Hi guys this is the blog "Stay in touch" being brought to you by Daichi. To keep in touch with everybody I met all over the world, I'm gonna update diaries, photos etc... Check this out and sometimes give me some feedbacks. Cheers

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Updating

Hi guys, what's been up?

I've been pretty well these days. I'm trying to hunt my job though, it's a bit hard actually. I don't wanna make any excuse but it's only few firms and organisations that offering job to students now. So if I couldn't find any job which I'm gonna like it, I should extend my graduation for half a year and do job hunting this winter again.

It's time when about a month have passed since I got back from New Zealand, I would better now to update what I've got last 4 weeks.

Basically I spend most of the time to hunt my job thus I went to some job interviews or took a sort of exams to get involved into a company. Apart from these bothering works, I've been to drinking with couple of my friends which is my favorite obviously, made small trip to beach with them and had a nice time with my girl friend.

It seems like as if I'm not doing something exciting staff, doesn't it?? I mean when you think about its been almost a year for me to be in Japan, you may imagine I should have been excited everyday. However, the biggest reason why I'm not really motivated to be like so is that its damn hot and humid here..

I really feel like to take all of my cloths off...


By the way, it was Aug 6th 1945 when Hiroshima city had been attacked by the U.S army with nuclear bomb. Therefore We are having a kind of memorial day today. (TV made documentaries and something like that) It's pretty hard for me to believe that thousands of people (about 140,000 ppl)had been killed only by one bomb in a moment. The devastating attack gave serious damage to Japan both mentally and physically and we had finished war...

What I'm trying to tell you is that I visited to a shrine named Yasukuni a couple of days ago where a lot of war victims including even war criminals have been rewarded. Thus actually that makes a lot of political issues and arguments around Japanese government and involving Korea and China.

This shrine also has war museum just next door but this museum, I guess, makes these issues so complicated. That is the museum have an clear opinion for the war. Museum, by the way, exhibiting memrial goods or showing the details of the war history since nearly 200 years ago. People feel a sort of bias when they especially see the section which is about WW2. I also feel a sort of strange emotion because I could only see the information which tells something like "Soldiers who chose the suicide bomb atack to the enemy are very brave and they were supposed to be killed for the nation thus they must have been honored to be killed."

It's as much as terrorism...


Seems like damn strong idea.... At least I don't wanna see the war that drive people mad again.





Yasukuni Shrine


War museun (Yu-syu-kan)

Love and Peace!

Well, before I go, I just wanna say thanks to my friends!

Endre and Olaug, not sure if you guys checking this or not, we've got really cute Norwegian dolls that is lovely. Me and Aya is really glad to have that and we are now trying to find something like Japanese traditional goods that we will sent to ya! Thanks a lot! Oh wait, we had a huge question toward the dolls.....Why they have such a funtastic hair??

Elisa! thanks for your comment on the last entry, I'm glad to have that. I'm gonna keep update this as frequent as possible so have more fun buddy! Also let me know what you've got recently!

Alright, bug hug to all of my friends!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gambattene! I hope you can find a job you like.

    Oh yeah there was something on the TV here today about WWII and Japan and America.

    Do you remember Fu'ad? He's from Jordan. Anyway, we had this conversation about Koizumi visiting the shrine (I know he does it unofficially) and the controversy over that. Fu'ad thinks he should be able to visit it. Now if only I can remember his argument about this...haha
    I'm not sure what I think.

    On a slightly different note, I recall a different conversation with Fu'ad about Hitler and Churchill. I remember him mentioning something about the fact that war criminals and war heroes are the same, it just depends who wins. He was saying how if Hitler won, he would be the war hero and people would call Churchill a war criminal (for the carpet bombings in Germany) and probably people would be criticized for honouring him. Interesting...I see where he's coming from, but I don't really agree with him. Ah, war is just bad all around...everyone is bad!

    Anyways, I had coffee the other day with a friend of mine from Vancouver that spent this past year in Japan. He talked a lot about Japan, and now I want to go so badly! You are some crazy crazy people!! :D

    Aw and this weekend we had the Powell Street Festival here, celebrating Japanese culture and honouring Japanese-Canadians (especially since during WWII they were forced into "relocation camps"...have you heard about that?). It was fun, eating takoyaki, shaved ice, and listening to the shamisen and taiko drums! And of course, HEAPS of cute little half Japanese kids wearing yukata and kimono (most commonly accompanied by a white father and Japanese mother ;P).

    I also learned about the history of former Japan Town and about this family from Saitama!! They were the labour contractors for all the Japanese people in Vancouver (around late 1800s or early 1900s), so they were quite wealthy...go Saitama! I forget the family name though...

    Anyway, that's a little of what I've been up to.

    Take care Daichi!

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger daichi said…

    Hi Elisa! Thanks for your comment!

    Well, I pretty much impressed what you and Fu'ad discussed that is "war criminals and war heroes are the same, it just depends on who wins". I strongly agree with this idea because yeah I would say the fact that the U.S army had attacked Hiroshima and Nagasaki with nuclear bombs should be more argued in terms of let's say violating human rights. Well, I guess it has too much controversial issues to discuss on this blog...You've gotta discuss that with me when you come to Japan ok?

    I'm pretty interested in the festival you have been recently. I've never know that Japanese culture had been spreaded very well in Canada, (well I should have known when I had first time met you. BUT, it's hard to see that cuz we were in New Zealand haha). Anyway it sounds pretty cool to know your culture is shared with another people in another place in the world, doesn't it?

    Well, I hope you will have a good luck mate! see you soon here in Saitama!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home